Saturday, March 14, 2015

151: when speakers mention singleness

This is kinda weird. But you know what really blesses me? Enough that I would write a post about it?

You know when a speaker is preaching about God's character and they quickly list different life scenarios--the widow, the single mom, the couple with a rocky marriage, the parents with a child going astray, etc.?

Well, lately, I've heard a couple speakers add lonely singleness to the list.

That blesses me! I'm not sure if it should or not, but it blesses me that my demographic is being recognized.

I don't necessarily need a sermon on prolonged singleness. I certainly don't need to hear a radio speaker "humorously" compare singles wanting marriage to wanting cheesecake for dinner but being content with salad (true story, folks). But, well, it's nice to have a hard situation acknowledged and to be more personally included in the application of how God's character applies to wherever we are.

So thank you, Angie Smith (If: Gathering) and Chip Ingram (Life on the Edge radio), for recognizing this current cultural trend and exalting Jesus above every, even this, life situation!

Happy (Pizza) Pi Day!

2 comments:

  1. It always is nice to have someone understand that our place in life is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete