Sunday, February 14, 2016

165: Vday and faith

 
"For the Lord is,
He is able
He is faithful
Higher than the mountains that I face
Every season, I will press on
For God alone, is on the throne" (Kari Jobe)
 
Surviving singleness is a lot about faith.

I'm sure every season is about faith, but I'm not walking other seasons, I'm walking the path of singleness, so this is what I know.

I'm surviving (and thriving) this Valentines Day because of faith.

Because I have lived 30 years with my Lord and have grown (at least for this moment) in my trust in Him.

Psalm 135:6 - "Whatever the LORD pleases He does".

He is able, He is faithful. Whatever He purposes, He does. I plant my feet here and declare that what God purposes, He can do. He can do the impossible (ie. getting me married). And I pray for the impossible. I hope for the impossible. I believe in Him and His ability to do the impossible.

This Valentines Day I am not embracing resignation. I am embracing hope. But, more satisfying, I am embracing my Lord, declaring that knowing Him is primary and believing in Him is my peace.

Singleness is about faith. Faith that following Him is more fulfilling and more peaceful than longing after something else ad infinitum to my heart's misery. Believing that if He takes something way it is only because He has something better. He is something better.

Believing that even though I cannot predict the future, control the future, or manipulate the future, I can be excited about what God might do (even if unrelated to my relationship status), because my God does the unthinkable!

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen." (Heb. 11:1)


No comments:

Post a Comment