Friday, July 5, 2013

FMF: Beautiful

Linking up with Five Minute Friday. Topic: Beautiful.

Tonight I went to a dinner for the staff and some board members of the school I'll be teaching at come August. By the end of the evening, driving home, I was so overwhelmed about next year. I'm a good tutor. I have a LOT to learn, but I do think I'm good at it. But in a classroom there is so much to remember to teach them, so much they have to master. How can I possibly multi-task 7 subjects, 2 grades, countless little things (like months of the year or public speaking) plus classroom management?

Lord God, I am overwhelmed, sobered. How can I be on top of it? Really, this is only my second year of teaching in a classroom (not consecutively). I think how much I've grown, what a better job I'll do. In reality, I haven't mastered classroom teaching. I'm going to give it my best shot, but I don't know what I'm doing. Help me, Lord!

What is beautiful is that the God of the Universe cares, hears, and will answer.

5 comments:

  1. visiting you from Gypsy Mamma. I'm a teacher, too! Good luck in your new year. My favorite classroom management gurus are Harry Wong (First Day of School) and Whole Brain Thinking method. You can youtube tons of how to and informative videos. Saved me this last year in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is beautiful that God cares about our worries, fears, and insecurities! He is so amazing!!! I'm sure your time in the classroom is going to be wonderful and God blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flashback from the old Prince Caspian movie: Aslan asked Caspian if he was ready to be king of Narnia and Caspian replied that he didn't think he was. Because of his humble attitude, Aslan replied that he was indeed ready to be king.
    "I love you O Lord, my strength..." Psalm 18:1 a

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful indeed! He will be with you every step of the way. And though you may stumble through some portion of planetary science or long division methods, or over another pair of untied shoelaces, your love for the Lord and desire to do all things for Him will bless the little ones in your class more than you know.

    ReplyDelete