Sunday, January 5, 2014

76: walking on water

Tomorrow I go back to work.

When I started Christmas break, I was drowning. And I had been drowning for more than several weeks before then.

God is calling me to walk on water again.

I don't know if like Peter I originally asked him to call me out on the water or if it was His idea. Either way, that's where I ended up.

Then I looked at the winds and waves and began to sink.

Because the winds and the waves were very real. They were not an illusion. Sinking was the default position.

But now I'm being called to look up and look higher and trust in Him who is unseen and who has power to do the unthinkable.

working on verb tenses before Christmas break
He is calling me to walk on water and part of me doesn't want to because I know it'll not be in my own strength and that I will have to actively rely on Him and that it's not reasonable to expect me to walk on water but it's either resign myself to a year of sinking or obey and get up on the waves again.

The passage He gave me at the beginning of the year has been following me around the last two weeks. Everywhere it keeps popping up. Confirmation?

"Be strong and of good courage . . . . Only be strong and very courageous . . . . Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. . . . Only the LORD your God be with you . . . . Only be strong and of good courage." (Joshua 1:6-7, 9, 17-18)
 
"Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done. Not because of what I've done, but because of who You are."
 
Onward and forward! Through Him! And for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment