Saturday, October 25, 2014

116: short thoughts on leaving a legacy

I was toodling along, thinking of accreditation and a vibrant classroom atmosphere, when Natalie Grant's song "Legacy" came on the radio. And it connected the dots for me why I always felt if I had a husband and kids my life would have purpose. When you have kids, it's in your face every day that you are having an impact, good or bad. You are leaving a legacy and it is unavoidable. As a single, you have to leave a legacy more intentionally. It's easier to forget that you're making an impact by how you live. You have to think about how your life counts and live on purpose or else the years pass by and it feels like there are no long term results.

At least, that's how it seems for me.

because we all know if you live in the country you'll leave a better legacy than elsewhere...JUST KIDDING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment