Monday, November 10, 2014

119: running from loneliness

the joy in my life right now: teaching 2nd and 3rd graders!
A few posts ago I said I was going to work for the quiet moments and embrace the loneliness.

I am here to say that in this specific season of my life that was a bad idea.

I wasted time. I stayed up way too late watching Princess Diaries 2. I felt the insatiable ache and had no control over bringing it to goodness. It hurt, with no redeeming quality.

On the other hand, not to speak for God, but it does seem like He has provided a way for me to live in contentment. For me it's called getting to bed on time (or close to it). It's called working hard (or even playing hard). It's called living, not letting the angst fester.

I am thankful I have a job that I can put my all into.

I'm thankful I have a job that keeps me busy and gives my life, oh, so much purpose.

I'm not saying that what I thought a few posts ago was wrong, but you have to know yourself. For me currently inviting loneliness would not be a spiritual act, not when I let myself be sucked into the middle of it and it feels like it's chasing me around, and since it's inside me I can't hide from it.

Know yourself. Know what season of life you're in. Listen to God's wisdom. Act accordingly.

Ok, off to prepare for bed. :)

P.S. If you are going to stay up late though, you should spend it watching the YouTube channel Blimey Cow. XD Especially Jordan's Messyges.


No comments:

Post a Comment