Wednesday, November 12, 2014

120: holiday season

The good news.

Our school doesn't have the typical 1-2 week fall break. We have minimum days for parent-teacher conferences, Veteran's Day, and a few days off at Thanksgiving. So the fall tends to go on and on and the light at the end of the tunnel that is paved with crafts and program practices is Christmas break.

So the good news is that it's already November and although I do feel like I'm dragging, I feel completely confident that we will keep going strong until the Christmas reprieve.

The bad news.

I love autumn. I've always thought it the most romantic season, especially as it heads into the holidays. The last week has been the first time I felt I was able to breathe and take a look around and see the changing colors.

But the bad news is I can feel the romance bug biting me the same as it does every fall. Which means I'm more susceptible to thinking, then saying, things I'll regret in January when the leaves, er, scales, fall off my eyes and I can see again. It also means I'm starting to overthink, overanalyze, and just plain play boggle with my contented life.

It's a fun season.

Stick around for the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment