Friday, May 3, 2013

FMF: Brave

Brave. I don't want to degrade the word. But after reading Lisa-Jo Baker's post on this week's Five Minute Friday theme, I've decided to write about little acts of bravery in my own life.

Brave is when you finally pick up the phone to tell one job opportunity that you've chosen another.

Brave is when you write a blog post exploiting yourself.

Brave is when you let your dog out to the bathroom in the middle of the night, gaze up at the stars, and don't let yourself be overcome with fear after watching too many episodes of Dr. Who.

Brave is saying okay, I'll do a science lesson in front of 24 kindergarteners as part of an interview process.

Brave is trying to put fear aside and sleep even though you know in the morning you need to go have a blood test.

Little acts of bravery. Not real bravery. But little get-up-and-do-it braveries.

Recommended other "brave" posts:
Lisa-Jo Baker
Seasoned With Life
MiPa's Monologue
ThoughtfulEscapes
James Prescott.co.uk
"During this process, I’ve become convinced that a major sign of good character is actually being brave enough to say no to opportunities. To have the wisdom, discernment and courage to know when to say no, to do it with dignity
and accept the consequences." --James Prescott
We Live Inspired
 
Recommended other non-brave posts found through FMF:
Autism Unplugged

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this...thank you so much for sharing!! Those are the steps I'm making towards bravery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little braveries add up to make big ones! Thanks for visiting and WOW, thanks for recommending my post for today!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twas definitely worth recommending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most of life is made up of little acts of bravery. Not slaying dragons, but saying yes or no to difficult things or people, as the case warrants. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Brave Woman! Yep, while Kel and I were house sitting I watched part of an episode of Dr. Who and it SCARED me! I UNDERSTAND totally about the being outside in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I am going to have to watch Dr. Who to see what this is all about ( I have heard several people talking about it). :) I liked the simplicity of what you wrote here. I actually think bravery is a bunch of little everyday acts such as you described. It doesn't have to be big. Anyways, one brave little step at a time makes it all more manageable. BTW- thanks for linking to my blog so I could read yours and also for including my post in a suggested read. That was very kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not being scared after watching a Doctor Who IS very brave. That werewolf one was the scariest for me. Eeks.

    I love this post. I might even steal the idea someday...

    ReplyDelete