Sunday, February 17, 2013

2 : in person

I went to Yosemite today with a bunch of mostly singles to iceskate. A friend invited me to join her church group, people I've only met once before.

I have to say, it sure is nice spending time with real people in person.

I'm more comfortable behind a screen or even in the dim light where a person can't see all the physical flaws so clearly. There are those times when you are sitting on the bench alone watching those who know each other talk. And then you get up and get back in the rink again.

But when you come home, you feel that that was good.

I've been doing the online thing for 3 months now. And I might just be almost sick of it.

Online you have to tell a person what you like and don't like and who you are.

In person, you just are.

Online the other person tells you what he wants in a girl. And you don't know if you fit into his shape.

In person he sees you. And there is no pressure for him to be attracted to you. But he might just enjoy being around you as friends. There is no rejection in that sense. There is no analyzing. It's whatever happens naturally. And if he happens to be attracted, you don't have to pull out your list of failings. He'll see them in your interaction. And he doesn't have to pull out his lists of what he wants. He'll learn what he wants as he goes along.

I'm very much pro-online dating. And yet, mm, in person sure would be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment