Thursday, February 21, 2013

6: what do I like? (ii)

Going off the last post...

(one big bunny trail)

...it's like the confusion of not knowing where you want to go with life.

Always wanted to be a wife and mother. Want to be the quintessential homeschool stereotype. Well, minus the chickens and jean jumpers.

Then I went to YWAM. I've got to reach the world for Christ. I've got to make a difference. Only the gospel can really make a difference, not homeschooling, not politics, not debates, nothing but the gospel. And I've been coming back to that.

Education. Ie. career. Ie. you've got to work to eat. And I do love academia. I loved it at school and have I suppose pined for it every since. Maybe that's why I collect books like they're going out of style? (oh wait, paper paged books are? ah! that explains it!) I took a master's level college class last summer. Would love to take another.

To throw myself into academia, to throw myself into missions abroad, to throw myself into the simple life of enjoying God's beauty until He grants me a family of my own.

These are the cyclical confusions of my life.

distraction: Besides the fact that "cyclical" just sounds cool. *cheesy grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment