Friday, March 29, 2013

20: expand my capacity to love

Four months ago I was struggling with a decision that enticed and scared me at the same time.

(No, it had nothing to do with a guy.)

I was dogsitting, trying to decide whether to take this little one home as my own.


It was a big decision, but what finally cinched the deal was the thought:

It is never a bad thing for our love to expand.
 
Thanksgiving evening I journaled, 
"Lord, Bella is in my lap and her mom wants to know if we're taking her home tomorrow to be ours. And I've been thinking maybe it is not Your will. But then she looks at me and I think when is it not God's will for us to love? And I think you are afraid of commitment/responsibility, aren't you? Lord, what is Your will? [. . .]

 
Lord, as I pet Bella, I think, Lord, expand my capacity to love. I like the twinkle of the feeling I have towards this dog. She's not even human."
 
That got me started thinking about love and my capacity for love. I'm still learning, but I'm going to blog about my thought processes on the subject thus far.
 
But for now I'll just say I did bring Bella home and now I call her my best gal. She is God's blessing to me and I love her very much!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle!! This is really great, especially the part about "when is it not God's will to love." So good...and Bella is super cute. Really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And yes, she is super cute, really. :D Oh yeah, you've met her in person, so you know!

    ReplyDelete