Thursday, March 7, 2013

FMF: Home

Five Minute Friday
Linking-up with the Five Minute Friday crowd!

Topic: "Home"

Home is the starting place of who I am.

Same room all my life.

Same bed since I was old enough to have a bed. (I'm only now starting to agree with my dad that maybe my feet do go over the edge too much.)

Same family. Same beliefs.

New dogs.

Inside these walls is where my mom discipled me all growing up. Where we became best friends.

Inside the walls of my room is where I wrestled with God years upon years it seems. Where I knelt beside my bed and, well, wrestled. And in the wrestling, strengthened our bond.

I'm strong enough in myself to leave these walls now.

But home is the bulb. The starting point. The essence.

I truly have a home. And I hope I never truly leave it behind.

4 comments:

  1. Childhood home - you are blessed to have such wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome tribute to your home... may your carry that warmth with you for the rest of your life {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true - home is always the starting place - and home is the place where our greatest inner battles and growth take place:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My childhood home was also my starting place and was the place my faith foundation was laid.

    ReplyDelete