Saturday, February 14, 2015

144: for my future husband if he's reading this :-P

Happy Valentine's Day, love! I am thankful for you and pray that I always will be.

Tonight I had my third annual single girls Valentine's Day party. We ate lots of good food. I seem to surround myself with people that know how to bring yummy snacks. We cut out and decorated 70+ sugar cookies and the girls seemed to really enjoy themselves. We also shared with each other how God shows His love to us. Mine was through the prophets. One girl said through nature, another said through how God answers her prayers through other people who don't even know her needs, and another said how God speaks straight to her heart. Then we took turns praying for marriages we knew. It's amazing how God designed this thing called marriage to be a reflection of Christ and the church and how bad a reflection so many "Christian" marriages are. Darling, I know marriage must be very hard, but oh how I want to do it well. I want to do it well together. I know marriage isn't about the romance, but would you think it healthy if we try to maintain some level of romance throughout the years? I used to think that as long as you endured, you were a witness. And I still believe that to some extent. But I suppose it's the difference between someone that struggles through the Christian life versus someone who radiates love for God and a full acceptance of God's love for them. Perhaps the latter is a little better of a witness? Or at least a more compelling witness? I know marriage isn't about making us happy, but, love, if I'm going to marry, I would dearly like to garner some measure of happiness from being around you. :) Anyway, we also watched a Hallmark movie called "The Wish List." I like mushy Hallmark movies. I can hardly imagine what it's like to fall in love and to fall in love enough that you want to MARRY someone. And yet, somehow they do it over and over in movies. :-P
My love, if God brings You to me, if I ever meet you and we choose each other, then I hope we are happy together.
May God preserve you from evil and bless you this Valentine's Day weekend,
Your own,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment