Sunday, November 1, 2015

November Prayer 1 (singles struggling with loneliness)

I find I'm having a hard time getting into writing blog posts. Maybe because I'm more focused on teaching school than philosophizing these days. Which makes me vacillate on whether that makes me living life practically or becoming less deep. Whatever it is, while my brain is still simmering on the backburner, I kinda want to take the month of November and daily, in writing, pray for people re: relationships. So here's my focus for today (I'm going to include myself and say "us" because it sounds too formal to pray AT people, and I'll be in this place sometime this month, I know :-P):

Lord, I pray for those who are single and really struggling with feeling alone. You have said it is not good for man to be alone. I pray you will surround us with people--Holy Spirit-filled brothers and sisters--who will really show us the love of Christ and will care for us and fill some of that hole we have from not having a spouse that cares about our daily life. I pray that someone would speak unexpected words of life to us. Bring fellowship when we are too exhausted to hike out and find some on our own. Give us peace in the struggle and rest. Refresh us and remind us that You love us more than we can imagine and that You have not allowed us to be alone and single for some devious reason. Let us feel the palm of Your hand and the comfort of Your wing. Ease the pain, oh God!

Lord, help us be that for someone else--a person that truly cares and follows up and follows through. Remind us to care, not just in passing emotion but in action--either in prayer or in reaching out. Show us how to be the body.

1 comment: