Monday, November 9, 2015

November Prayer 8 (to see reality)

This is what I pray. Teach me, gradually, slowly, as I mature in You, what real truth looks like. Let me not accept material reality's view of truth--because that's sometimes depressing--or wishful thinking's view of truth--because that is false hope. Teach me to see beyond the present, beyond my desires, beyond the natural to the greater purposes, greater joy, greater glory of You. I am not capable of knowing that kind of truth apart from You. I don't want to be depressed, and I don't want to swallow a pixie lie as a charm against depression. I don't want to live in realism, and I don't want to accept that You don't do the miraculous because I believe You still do. But let me not have to believe in fairies and Neverland stories to delight in something as big as my imagination, in something supernaturally, magically wonderful. Let me not only see You in Your all-powerful grandeur but in the playful little everyday miracles--when You see and I see but no one else would understand how wonderful You just were to me. Teach me what Your supernatural--apart from what I would usually understand--reality looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment