Sunday, October 22, 2017

221: one blah day does not define the rest

Today was perhaps the most blah day I've had in awhile. And there was literally no reason for it, except maybe my choice to sleep in after a week of trying to work with a head cold after getting 3 hours of sleep Sunday night due to staying up late with once-a-year-see-them friends. The fact that I got to spend the last weekend with these people I only get to see once a year is something to be grateful for. The fact a teacher friend chilled in my room for an hour or so after school yesterday, even in silence, and that my long distance mother-of-three-under-2 friend called and talked for an hour last night--I am super grateful and my soul is fed.

Gratitude does not flow over and power up unless you choose it. And even then, well, I have absolutely no reason to complain yet I was thinking tonight how I just want to give up. Then I had an imaginary conversation with myself and realized, no, I'll get through this (maybe "this" is end of the quarter stress? or the feeling of isolation after last weekend?) one step at a time. Actually, I was imagining Mr. Right telling me we'd get through this together one step at a time, but I don't need another half to realize the truth. Blah days will end. Problems will be faced. Mountains will be scaled. One step at a time. Just keep swimming. And I am not alone. God Himself is my constant companion and Helper. He will preserve me to the end.

Goodnight, blah day. Thank You, Lord, for a lazy Fall day and a new day tomorrow.

This is my single life. Never completely alone. One blah day does not define the rest.

Aren't you glad God never leaves or forsakes us?

I am participating in "Write 31 Days," where a bunch of bloggers write...for 31 days. My theme is "This My Single Life," with a focus on the blessings of this season. Hopefully it's obvious to anyone who knows me or has read my blog that I want to be married and have kids. But at 32 years old, I am quite single, and I think it's God-glorifying to highlight the good things God has given me with singleness. Click here to access the links for my 31 days of writing! And if you want to read everyone else's blog posts, go to http://write31days.com/ and click "Linking Up" for the categories!

No comments:

Post a Comment