Thursday, October 26, 2017

226: no family - what??

If we must be thankful for little favors, I am thankful that I don't have any family I need to get home to.

Tonight is our school's Fall Concert. Which means, school ended about an hour ago, and I need to be back here in about 2 hours, but with the commute and teacher-y responsibilities, I generally stay, and currently am staying, here on campus until these evening events. I don't run back home and then come back.

However, if I had a family, instead of going about classroom stuff and calming down from a full day while waiting for the fundraiser dinner in 20 minutes, I would be thinking about my family, calling home, feeling guilty for staying. Or, I would be running home, getting dinner ready, preparing everyone to come to school. I actually don't know what it would be like if I had a family while working. But, I know that aspect of life would be consuming a lot more brainpower than is currently being used (because I'm pretty brain-dead from this week of work).

So, today, as a single with an evening work commitment, I am thankful I do not have a family. If only because I do not need to split my focus between tonight's event and home.

What are you doing today that would be harder to do if you were not single?
It is okay.
 
Reaping the benefits of one season does not disqualify you from experiencing a change in seasons. Enjoying today does not mean you're not willing to enjoy a different kind of tomorrow.
 
 
At school we are learning about God's name I AM. We read Exodus 6 for Bible today.
 
I am participating in "Write 31 Days," where a bunch of bloggers write...for 31 days. My theme is "This My Single Life," with a focus on the blessings of this season. Hopefully it's obvious to anyone who knows me or has read my blog that I want to be married and have kids. But at 32 years old, I am quite single, and I think it's God-glorifying to highlight the good things God has given me with singleness. Click here to access the links for my 31 days of writing! And if you want to read everyone else's blog posts, go to http://write31days.com/ and click "Linking Up" for the categories!

No comments:

Post a Comment