Tuesday, October 24, 2017

224: people I've met, places I've been

I am part of a network called Homeschool Alumni, or HSA. I've been to three "reunions" in Oregon where I got to meet dozens of other fellow homeschool grads. Besides those reunions, a couple years ago I had fun at a single women's vacation retreat that an HSAer hosted. Two summers ago I stayed in Boston and Maine with a bunch of other HSAers for an HSA wedding. This summer, I visited an HSAer at her home in Chicago, and she took me and a couple other HSAers around her city. I've befriended HSAers, prayed for HSAers, been excited for the weddings of HSAers, crushed on HSAers, dated an HSAer, done fun things with HSAers, learned from the wisdom of HSAers, and, well, all these new friends and events would not have happened if I hadn't been single, doing the whole online dating thing, and one guy said, "Have you heard of Homeschool Alumni?"

A whole friend base would be GONE without singleness. I probably would not have visited Maine last year if I were not single. I definitely would not have traveled to Chicago this year if I were married.

So today I am thankful for the Homeschool Alumni friends and experiences I have gained through this season of my life.

Friends are also good for taking pix of you! Hiking at the HSA retreat two weekends ago.
Timberline Lodge in Oregon, built in the '30s. Another HSA experience from this last trip.


Who have you met because of this season of your life that you wouldn't have become acquainted with otherwise?

 
I am participating in "Write 31 Days," where a bunch of bloggers write...for 31 days. My theme is "This My Single Life," with a focus on the blessings of this season. Hopefully it's obvious to anyone who knows me or has read my blog that I want to be married and have kids. But at 32 years old, I am quite single, and I think it's God-glorifying to highlight the good things God has given me with singleness. Click here to access the links for my 31 days of writing! And if you want to read everyone else's blog posts, go to http://write31days.com/ and click "Linking Up" for the categories!

1 comment:

  1. Your welcome, always glad to have help enrich your life. -k.

    ReplyDelete