Sunday, October 2, 2016

Day 1 of 31 Days of My Single Life

Have I mentioned my town has a new WalMart? Of course I haven't. But we do--a new super gigantic super center. Where the hand soap is no longer in that corner and I would never be able to find the Carmex if I hadn't asked.

So today I joined another single friend on a voyage into the new WalMart (she is more of a veteran than me).

For my dad I hefted a case of caffeine-free Pepsi (which was hard to find!) down the aisle to our shared cart. I spent 3 minutes on the phone telling my mom her options for eggs: organic cage-free (in two brands) cage-free range pastured, cage-free vegetarian fed, and just cage-free (she picked the cheaper of the two organics). I picked up a bag of BBQ potato chips for my dad. I searched for lavender-scented Lysol for my mom. I chose a Godiva dark chocolate and almond bar for myself, along with an individual rectangle of Tillamook cheese that reminded me of the Snack Shop at college back in the day.

We checked out, loaded up, parted ways.

I came home to our happy dogs and my mom busily studying and writing for tomorrow's Rosh Hashanah celebration.

Nice little bow to wrap this up: I am thankful for my home and the opportunities I get to be domestic and contribute to family life, even as a single.

Keep reading:
Day 2 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 3 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 4 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 5 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 6 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 7 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 8 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 9 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 10 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 11 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 12 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 13 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 14 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 15 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 16 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 17 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 18 of 31 Days of My Single Life
Day 19 of 31 Days of My Single Life

No comments:

Post a Comment