Monday, October 31, 2016

Day 31 of 31 Days of My Single Life: book reviews and nanowrimo

I made it! Thank You, Lord, for this victory!

31 days, minus the two days I was without reception.

I finished reading this book yesterday on my Kindle app:


It's a present-day romance between an art gallery owner and her client who are searching for a portrait painted during the Holocaust. The story flashes back to before and during the Holocaust, where there is also a romance and some really stark details of surviving that period of history.

While at the retreat this weekend, I picked up another YWAM missionary story. YWAM Publishing really puts out the most interesting, inspiring accounts of God working through ordinary people who follow His leading. I highly recommend the International Adventures series, but this one that I picked up is just as good:



Tomorrow starts National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), that time of year when people across the country put pen to paper and attempt to write an unedited novel rough draft of 50,000 words in only a month. My students start tomorrow on a 2nd/3rd grade modification of Nanowrimo--they are to write a continuous story, adding to it three times a week for a month. That's a biggie for little kids!

Well, I started considering what I should do. I was planning on doing some daily prompts I found, but I lost the link so that idea fizzled. What if I did something like the kids? But what kind of modification would be appropriate for me? What if...what if I just went for the 50,000 words like everyone else? 50,000 words divided by 30 days...or maybe I could just round it down to 1,500 words a day. What if instead of writing in a Word doc like the last time I attempted Nanowrimo, I did my narrative rambling in daily blog posts? I mean, I just did 31 days of blogging anyway, and I was planning on doing another 30 days. Sure, they'd be extra long posts (about double my long posts now) and they would be unedited (not that my posts now days are super edited) and they would be fictional and unrelated to singleness....

So I think I'm going to do it! Or at least attempt.

I apologize in advance for lack of content, lack of good writing, basically for serving up a bunch of lukewarm WORDS, because that's the whole point, to pull 1500 words out of my brain a day. As a discipline, an exercise, and experiment in creativity.

Hold on, blog o'mine, because The Life of the Pencil starts tomorrow!

I'm exhausted already.

No comments:

Post a Comment