Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 17 of 31 Days of My Single Life

Monumental disaster. Panic. Run me over with a bus. If I die before I wake...

Those are some of the phrases that crossed my mind after today's practice.

See, we have a school concert on Thursday, and today was our first practice on stage, in front of (dead) mics.

Yowzers!

To the moon, Alice.

(Not to be confused with "You want the moon? I'll throw a lasso around it and give it to ya.")

Bury my head like an ostrich.

Change my face to look like Jean Arthur instead.

I couldn't help it! Cover your eyes! Don't look! AAAAAAaaaaahhh!

*breathe*

Nice little bow to wrap this up: Failure is one step on the way to mastery. Failure is not the final word. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try all over again (tomorrow!).

With crinkle ribbon sticking out from under the bow: Later in the day a student told me they were so embarrassed they couldn't do something. I was able to tell them I had been embarrassed by the music practice, so I was spending my free time working to make it better. I encouraged them to practice til they got better. Growth mindset for kids and adults alike was happening today!

No comments:

Post a Comment